K&L Ready Mix, Inc. is a midlevel ready-mix concrete supplier. Founded in 1957, our company has expanded over the decades to include six concrete plants strategically located across northwest Ohio. Although we continue to grow, we are committed to staying true to our roots and providing the highest quality products and services to our customers.
In order to ensure that we continue to meet those high standards, we are always on the look-out for reliable and dependable candidates to fill our vacant positions. If you are interested in joining a family-oriented culture with coworkers that know how to have fun and work hard, check out the job listings below.
Required Documents for Applicants
Ready Mix Truck Drivers
As a Ready Mix Truck Driver, you will serve as the face of our company and are responsible for providing a high level of customer service. Primary responsibilities include driving a concrete mixer to and from designated job sites and performing automotive maintenance. Other responsibilities include:
- Perform pre and post-delivery safety check on equipment and the truck
- Perform minor maintenance including tire pressure, oil change, lube job, etc.
- Attend to vehicle cleanliness with regularly hosing down
- Ability to walk on uneven and slippery surfaces
- Adapt in working in a variety of settings that requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, stretching, driving, sitting, shifting gears and moving of transported materials
- Confidence in the use of hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers and shovels
- Regular lifting of 25-50 pounds
- Capable of work in all weather conditions such as extreme hot or cold weather
- May be required to put chutes on trucks when pouring
- Every load will require mixer drivers to thoroughly, efficiently and quickly rinse off truck and clean fins from ladder
- Applicants must at least 25 years old
- Possess a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL A or B)
- No DUI’s or DWI’s in the last 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the previous 3 years
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Pass a drug test
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- Trucking experience (preferred)
- Concrete work experience (preferred)
The Ready Mix Truck Driver position is a 90 day, temporary hire. At the end of 90 days, permanent employment may be offered based on individual performance and industry demands. K& L Ready Mix offers competitive wages, medical benefits and matching 401K.
Interested candidates can find an application and a driver’s background check waiver on our website. Completed forms should be submitted along with a resume to our Kalida office located at 105 South 6th Street, Kalida, Ohio 45853. For any questions, please call (419) 532-3585